realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Agilent, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others.
With our comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, we have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions. We have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of more than 250 people at our headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Berlin (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Technical Director – Content Creation (m/f/d)
- Oversee a global content development team and set the bar for overall technical excellence across all active customer projects
- Collaborate with designers, producers, artists, programmers and the sound team to realize our vision, while meeting all deadlines and the demands of our customers
- Critically analyze our technology and development practices with the goals of improving our product quality and team efficiency, as well as cultivating a positive work environment
- Utilize the most state-of-the-art technology to streamline our development processes to guarantee the best overall benefits for your team and the business as a whole
- Be a great communicator at all levels, from working with executive management to interns
- Coach, mentor and motivate your team to get the best out of everyone
- Act as an inspiring hiring manager to build a powerful team of highly-committed enthusiasts
- Participate in project estimations, planning, as well as assessments of the technical feasibility of project requirements
- Improve existing workflow processes and optimize our project development
- Skilled engineer who demonstrates passion for technical solutions with the ability to motivate an international team
- Empathetic and charismatic leader with excellent communication skills
- Many years of experience as a technical leader, preferably in the game industry
- Previous experience as a technical director would be beneficial
- Deep understanding of the importance of customer service
- Self-motivated personality who demonstrates great commitment and feels responsible for the team
- Proven experience with Unreal Engine/off-the-shelf engines, as well as native/custom engines; fluent in Blueprints, C# and C++
- Great track record of shipping multiple AAA-quality projects as a service provider/outsourcing studio or shipping several AAA titles
- Experience with VR/AR, other areas of game development and/or UX design would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English; additional German skills are a bonus
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Live in the capital of Germany and enjoy the international environment and vibrant culture of this city
- Receive a competitive salary, relocation support (if needed) and additional benefits such as team events, company lunches, office snacks, gourmet coffee and a great office location in the heart of Kreuzberg, Berlin
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.Apply for this job