realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others.
With our comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, we have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions. We have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of more than 280 people at our headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Freiburg (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Technical Designer - VR Prototyper (m/f/d)
- Create, research, prototype, and implement design and interaction ideas that will turn into standards for the whole organization
- Develop and rapidly iterate proposed design solutions to evaluate with the creative teams
- Build interaction prototypes within Unreal Engine
- Create robust blueprint systems and tools for your projects and for other content creator projects to make them more efficient
- Advocate best practices and transfer technical design knowledge to other content creators
- Support other client projects as needed
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in Gameplay Engineering, Technical Design, Interaction Engineering, or a similar position, B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent would be a plus
- Knowledge in building prototypes and interactive experiences within a game engine, passion for VR, and an understanding of the design challenges that come with it
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine, especially Blueprints, is required - C++ and experience with the Unreal Engine Material Editor is a plus
- Experience working in a dynamic, multidisciplinary, and fast-paced environment
- First touchpoints with modding or the development of your own game, as well as an understanding of the design principles behind games and interactive 3D experiences, is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Live in the capital of Germany and enjoy the international environment and vibrant culture of this city
- Receive a competitive salary, relocation support (if needed) and additional benefits such as team events, company lunches, office snacks, gourmet coffee and a great office location in the heart of Kreuzberg, Berlin
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and join one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
VR technology is transforming industry standards and reshaping how businesses communicate. Our company actively drives these developments.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please apply now, and join the realworld one team!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!Apply for this job