realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
realworld one’s customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, Illumina, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Agilent Technologies, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, Becton Dickinson, QIAGEN, Hologic, GEA Group, Leica Microsystems, and Tecan among many others.
With its comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, realworld one has developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
At present, the company employs around 300 people at its headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Austin (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
In order to expand our team in Berlin (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Technical Artist – Unreal Engine (m/f/d)
- Build tools and systems on top of UE4 feature-sets to enable our content teams to build great VR and AR experiences for our customers
- Develop and improve art pipelines (tools, workflows) to help art and engineering teams
- Write new and improve the existing Technical Art documentation on tools, performance, and good practice
- Help review assets from the ongoing projects from a TA/Art perspective to ensure quality and performance
- Assist Artists, Environment artists and Character artists with any technical challenges
- Develop Shaders and materials for the company that follow TA requirements
- Support the content team on performance and/or art issues when required
- 2+ years of experience working as Technical Artist in large-scale interdisciplinary team focused in real time graphics (ideally within a AAA game studio or VR company)
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and digital content creation and Blueprints
- Excellent knowledge of how to solve performance issues, both on the Game or Render thread side
- Team-player with strong interpersonal, as well as proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- Programming skills with C++, Python or Mel Script is a plus
- Experience working with DCC packages like 3DS Max, Maya and/or Blender
- Proficiency in Niagara, Cascade, and Level Sequencer is a plus
- Games industry experience shipping AAA games would be a big advantage
- Experience /interest in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Live in the capital of Germany and enjoy the international environment and vibrant culture of this city
- Receive a competitive salary, relocation support (if needed) and additional benefits such as team events, company lunches, office snacks, gourmet coffee and a great office location in the heart of Kreuzberg, Berlin
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and join one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
VR technology is transforming industry standards and reshaping how businesses communicate. Our company actively drives these developments.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please apply now, and join the realworld one team!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!Apply for this job