realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others.
With our comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, we have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions. We have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of more than 280 people at our headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Freiburg (Germany), we are now looking for a talented individual to establish, integrate, and run the security side of the SDLC. This includes development standards, testing, continuous improvement, and conducting targeted training, as well as securing the cloud security architecture it runs on.
Security Engineer (m/f/d)
- Conducting security design reviews
- Understanding the technology stack and identifying security-relevant elements
- Ensuring cryptographic secrets are managed, access concepts are in place and customer data is protected by technical and organizational measures
- Working hands-on with Azure DevOps, Git and Sonar Qube
- Training developers in secure coding practices and establish security awareness
- Supporting in identification of vulnerabilities and building up a security setup related to critical IT infrastructure
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 1 to 3 years of hand-on experience with secure software development
- Good communication skills and ability to work proactively in a team
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Experience with vulnerability management and application security testing
- Knowledge of modern technologies like containers, microservices
- Experience in penetration testing, threat modelling or DevSecOps would be a plus
- Fluent verbal and written English skills required
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Live in one of the regions in Europe with the highest quality of life, close to the Black Forest, the Swiss Alps, as well as the gourmet region of France
- Receive a competitive salary, relocation support (if needed) and additional benefits such as team events, company lunches, office snacks, gourmet coffee and a great office location in the heart of Freiburg
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application, you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.Apply for this job