realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others.
With our comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, we have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions. We have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of more than 280 people at our headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team, we are now looking for a talented
Lead Technical Artist – Unreal Engine (m/f/d)
- Lead, mentor, manage and motivate a team of Technical Artists
- Oversee development, introduction and/or improvement of art pipelines
- Build tools and systems on top of UE4 (Unreal Engine 4) feature-sets to enable our content teams to build great VR and AR experiences for our customers
- Define and document processes and guidelines for content creators
- Collaborate with art and technical direction to achieve artistic vision
- Write and maintain technical documentation (standards, pipelines, processes)
- Establish, maintain and iterate automations, and performance tracking systems
- Raise awareness of the importance of Technical Art, guidelines, and performance
- Assist and improve Art Production Workflows
- 5+ years of as a Technical Artist with at least 2 years in a Lead or management position
- Track-record leading and motivating a team effectively
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and digital content creation (including engine tech limitations)
- Excellent knowledge of how to solve performance issues, both on the Game or Render thread side
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team along with strong problem-solving skills
- Programming skills with C++, Python or Mel Script would be beneficial
- Experience working with DCC packages like 3DS Max, Maya and/or Blender desirable
- Games industry experience shipping AAA games would be a big advantage
- Experience or interest in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Receive a competitive salary in accordance with your market area
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and join one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
VR technology is transforming industry standards and reshaping how businesses communicate. Our company actively drives these developments.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please apply now, and join the realworld one team!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!Apply for this job