realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others.
With our comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, we have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions. We have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of more than 280 people at our headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Bangalore (India), we are now looking for a talented
Character Artist (m/f/d)
- Creating different types of in-game characters from scratch according to concept art and art direction
- Generate, sculpt, prepare, polish and improve auto-generated realistic or stylized optimized avatars from scratch, based on photo references and/ or scans
- Following the technical requirements for real-time VR applications
- Provide the textures (diffuse, normal map, specular, bump, Ambient Occlusion etc.) needed to display a photorealistic or stylized human character in game
- Generate modular clothing for any type of character
- Create blend shapes for lip sync and facial expression
- Working closely with the Technical Art, Concept Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process
- 4+ years of professional experience in a character artist capacity
- Ability to translate concepts, references, ideas into authentic characters with an attention to detail
- Show a good understanding of human anatomy and the creation pipeline for game ready assets especially characters while keeping the technical limitations of real-time and VR in mind
- Demonstrate the ability to create believable photorealistic human characters
- Strong knowledge of the entire character animation pipeline and the current texturing pipelines for various types of characters
- Familiarity with hair creation as well as cloth generation for different types of character
- Expertise in common 2D and 3D packages (including Substance, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, ZBrush, Photoshop, etc.) and experience with a game engine like Unreal Engine 4 is ideal
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written) and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Familiarity with Likeness sculpting is a plus
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Live in Bangalore, the center of India’s high-tech industry with the highest quality of life, pleasant weather, vibrant culture and many public parks around the city
- Receive a competitive salary and additional benefits such as team events, milestone company lunches, subsidized medical insurance, gratuity and a great office location in the heart of Bangalore
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and join one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
VR technology is transforming industry standards and reshaping how businesses communicate. Our company actively drives these developments.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please apply now, and join the realworld one team!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!Apply for this job